Here is an interesting graph about the difference in opinion between scientist and the general public. It can be improved, but I like the following:
- Simple and quick to understand.
- Ranking, the issue with biggest difference on top.
- Visually see how positive (%) both the public and scientist are.
- Rough visual estimate of the difference between public and scientist.
- Different colour on the dots for scientist and general public.
- Able to drill down on the results by clicking a issue.
- Better scale on the axis.
- The “drill down” data does not supply any more data (just a ridiculous bar chart).
- The numbers are too bold.
- Different color between the points depending on whether the scientist or general public is most positive.
- Some of the topics isn’t very well defined, so it’s hard to know exactly what question was asked in the survey.